- Work closely with management on products and customer requirements.
- Design and develop opt-mechanical assemblies and sub-systems.
- Design and build prototypes, create detailed drawings and instructions for production.
- Responsible for technical documentation (Models, CAD drawings, Simulations, BOM’s etc.) relevant to the optical design.
- Prepare product technical requirements and specifications.
- Interact with other engineering groups, as well as cross-functional teams such as Manufacturing, Quality Control, and Supply Chain.
- Work on projects independently, and with a multi-disciplined team of scientists, engineers, and technicians.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing, sales, and marketing.
- MS in Opto-Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with at least 5 years of related experience.
- Hands-on experience and understanding of optics and opto-mechanical best practices.
- Experience with optical tests such as interferometers, beam profilers, and metrology.
- Understanding of optical concepts such as ray aberrations, waves, diffraction, interference, Gaussian propagation, laser, imaging, etc.
- Willing to share expertise and train others to further the organization.
- Proficient at using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SolidWorks.
- Knowledge of lasers and ray tracing a plus.
- Able to analyze and synthesize complex or diverse information. Collect research data.
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
Featured benefits Employer verified
For Opto-Mechanical Engineer in Deer Park, New York, United States at Griffin Global Systems, Inc.
- Medical insurance